Skip to main content

JAMB BOSS CANCELLED RESULTS OF 59,698 UTME CANDIDATES THIS YEAR




The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, has now officially cancelled the results of 59,698 candidates over examination malpractices.

JAMB’s Registrar, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, made the disclosure on Wednesday in Abuja at a news conference at the end of an enlarged meeting with external examiners and other stakeholders in the conduct of the 2017 UTME.
According to him, 1,386 candidates have their results cancelled over examination malpractice; 57,646 results were also affected as a result of centres-induced malpractices while the results of 666 candidates were cancelled due to multiple examinations.

The cancelled results were fewer than the 76,923 initially withheld by the examination body when the results of the 2017 UTME were announced on 31 May. Oloyede had said the final figure of annulled results would be announced after a thorough investigation.

There may be a second chance for some of the candidates to seat for a supplementary UTME, according to Oloyede, especially for those deemed innocent of centre-induced exam cheating.

The Supplementary exam will take place 1 July, mostly for candidates who registered late for this year’s UTME. Oloyede added that some of the candidates whose results were cancelled, would also take part in the rescheduled exam.

He listed the categories of candidates whose results were cancelled but would take part in the rescheduled examination to include candidates of centres with mass malpractices but who are deemed innocent, biometric non-verification machine related issues.

Others include technical and log out issues, late registration, incomplete results and candidates who lost examination sessions due to malfunctioning of servers at the affected centre.

The JAMB boss said the decision to allow the candidates sit for the rescheduled examination was reached after a thorough review of all the reports that emanated from their centres.

Oloyede announced the blacklisting of 48 CBT centres found culpable of aiding cheating. He said another 24 CBT centres had been suspended for one year for failing to live up to expectations.

“The (24 CBT) centres will not participate in the 2018 UTME, but they can be reconsidered for 2019 and above.

“The delisting of 48 centres from participating in the board’s examination in future is as a result of serious technical deficiencies, extortion, organised examination malpractices and other damaging infractions.”



The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) had released at the end of May 1,606,901 results out of the 1,718, 425 that registered for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A morning charge by Bishop Paul Francis Lanier

Oh servant of the Lord…   I dare you to sit in the corner of that dark room,  and for just a moment look through your tears and recall  that hallowed memory when He Called your name.  You trembled at Heaven's audacity, and yet, you never stood so tall.  Yes, that cherished thing is marred by time and abrasions of battle.  You thought to abandon it, but your eyes could see nothing else.  Can you smell it? It carries the faint aroma of oil that has been smeared upon you time and again from Heaven's Hand. You love that smell. It soothes your soul in fretful nights.  Does anything feel so precious as those brittle pages of His Word on your fingers?  Is there any euphoria as great as knowing you have heard Him speak to your heart?  Even your wounds are sermons He Preaches through you. Your failures could not chase Him from your side. ..... Rejection and disappointment only magnify His faithfulness to you.  Ooo...

Etisalat Nigeria changes name to 9Mobile

Embattled telecommunications provider, Etisalat Nigeria has changed its name to 9Mobile following the pull out of Etisalat International. Etisalat in Abu Dhabi pulled out of Nigeria on Monday and gave the telecoms operation in Nigeria only three weeks to phase out the brand name and adopt a new one. Its decision to pull out of Nigeria followed the breakdown of talks to reach a favorable agreement over a $1.7 billion loan owed by Etisalat Nigeria. Meanwhile the change of name has been approved at a management meeting held Thursday. “9Mobile was unanimously adopted by the company as its new brand name,” an insider in Etisalat Nigeria said. The Vice President, Regulatory and Corporate Affairs, Etisalat Nigeria, Ibrahim Dikko, had earlier this week dropped a hint as to what the new name of the company could be. He recalled that at the launch of the company in Nigeria in 2008, ‘0809ja’ was adopted to affirm the “Nigerianness” of its origin and the company’s sphere of infl...

Art gallary of the week

Credit: Ben Williamz